I am trying to add a second fulltext index to an already existing table (named "articles").

The first index is for field(column name) "text" of type "longtext"

I want to add a second index that will be for this field and field(column name) "title" of type "varchar"

I used this query: >alter table articles add fulltext (title,text);

But after doing that, and getting a "query OK" result that indicated all existing rows had been affected, the fulltext index (title,text) does not work, because the rows supposedly indexed from the "title" column are not bringing up any results (for known-item searching).

The query against this index was: >SELECT * FROM articles WHERE MATCH (title,text) AGAINST ('search_term');

Am I missing something? Is the query I wrote above incorrect?

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan
--