I ran into this problem when I installed 4.0.18. All
of the tables in my database are INNODB and the
REPLACE statement was failing on tables that had
foreign key constraints. I just rolled back to 4.0.16
and the problems went away. Not much of a solution,
but it's buying me a little time. Will I have to get
rid of all of the REPLACE INTO statements and replace
them with INSERT/UPDATE statements or is there some
configuration setting that needs to be changed to make
it work?

Cheers,

Tripp

--- Victoria Reznichenko