Keith C. Ivey wrote:
On 14 Apr 2004 at 17:27, B. Fongo wrote:

I expected a warning because of the Token column shouldn't be NULL!

It's not NULL. It's the empty string, which is the default value, since you didn't give it a specific default value. See the "CREATE TABLE" documentation:

If no DEFAULT value is specified for a column, MySQL
automatically assigns one, as follows. If the column can
take NULL as a value, the default value is NULL. If the
column is declared as NOT NULL, the default value depends on
the column type: [...]
* For string types other than ENUM, the default value is the
empty string.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/CREATE_TABLE.html

I didn't know this too I expect correct behavior: error.
So if I want error on such INSERTs I must use 'IS NOT NULL default NULL'?

Best regards. Ruslan.