mysql.sock only exists while the server is running.
Your package install/uninstall scripts are broken.

Phil Ewington - 43 Plc wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to install MySQL-3.23.54-1 pkg on a RaQ4i (from pgkmaster.com),
which is something I have done on numerous occasions without problem.
However, this RaQ for some reason does not have /tmp/mysql.sock installed
when the package is installed. When I uninstall the pkg, the script warns
that /tmp/mysql.sock could not be removed as it does not exist. I have
installed the pkg and uninstalled and each time the same thing, no
/tmp/mysql.sock!! Can I simply copy this from one of my other servers into
/home/mysql and then create a sym link to it in /tmp??

TIA

Phil.