Hello,

I am using HIGH_PRIORITY in my SELECTs to force queries to take predcedence over
updating due to replication.  I have recently implemented UNION in some of my queries
to optimize queries like "WHERE table1.column1=something OR
table1.column2=somethingelse".

Anyway, I first tried formatting my UNION query like "(SELECT HIGH_PRIORITY ...) UNION
(SELECT HIGH_PRIORITY ...)" but the server complained about the placement of
HIGH_PRIORITY.  I was finally able to get it to accept the query by only specifiying
HIGH_PRIORITY in the first part of the UNION, like "(SELECT HIGH_PRIORITY ...) UNION
(SELECT ...)", but it appears that my searches are not taking precedence as they
should, and as non-UNION queries do.  Could there be another explanation for why they
are not taking precedence, or is there another way to specify HIGH_PRIORITY in UNION
queries to make both sub-queries high-priority?

Thanks a lot!

Chad Attermann
[EMAIL PROTECTED]