At 15:18 +0700 4/15/04, Hendro S. wrote:
Hi all,

I have win2k server machine, if this machine online, i could login to MySQL 4.1.1 on RH 9 is about 1 second, but if this machine offline connection establish in about 10 seconds, then i try connect to mysql 4.0.17 in SuSe machine its done in about 1 second. I connect to mysql server from my win2k machine with MySQL Front. So I uninstall MySQL 4.1.1 and reinstall 4.0.17, and connection done in 1 second again even my Win2K server machine offline.

Can anyone explain this behavior of MySQL 4.1.1?

It's difficult to know just what you want explained. You're varying a lot of independent variables (MySQL version, OS, and machine online/offline), and, as far as I can tell, you're not varying them systematically. What is the question that you are asking?

If it's "why are connections slow when the machine is offline", it's probably
a problem of DNS being slow when the machine is offline.

-- Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com