First of all, thank you for providing a really informative list. I have listened to many of the suggestions going back and forth and have learnt a lot in the past few months.

I have a question.

We have a fresh MySQL installation on a new box, and we want to basically start tuning it to our particular application. Can some advise what tools we could use to basically send shed loads of [differing] queries to it in a predictable/repeatable manner.

Would like a tool that produces some statistics on the results of each test. Allowing us to tune/tweek, and rerun to see the effect of our results.

thanks

alan