Leandro Melo wrote:

Hi,
i have a M:N relationship between PRODUCT and PRICE.

Is Price an Entity or an Attribute? I'm not accustomed to using price as a Thing. What is it that causes a Product to have one, exactly, or more prices? Is it its relationship to some other thing? Or is it a special kind of Product?

Except during a couple years under US President Nixon, Prices are usually not things in themselves... can you flesh out what you are trying to model a little more?

1 product may be associated to N prices and 1 prices
may belong to N products.
I got special cases the some kinda product MUST have
only 1 price associated with it.
I don't what would be the best way to model this
"flag" for the special case.
So far, i got 3 tables.
- PRODUCT (PRODUCT_ID as PK)
- PRICE (PRICE_ID as PK)
- PRODUCT_PRICE (with fields PRODUCT_ID and PRICE_ID)

Where should i put this "flg" or should tie the
relations???

Let's see what relationship to a another entity or classifying attribute of Product might invoke the rule on one-and-only-one or M:N. Then we'll know how better to proceed.

Thanks,
ltcmelo

HTH,

Robert Taylor