Hi,

I also do a similar thing with my data pre-processing
scripts. I use a multiple insert command with INSERT
DELAYED. It has improved the performance by heaps. The
format is
INSERT DELAYED INTO table VALUES (c11, c12, c13),
(c21, c22, c23)....;

The INSERT DELAYED will delay the updates so that they
get buffered for the updations, but will be done
later. Also turning off indexing before you do the
insertions will help, but you will need to have them
on for updates.

Rasika
 --- Matthias Eireiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > Hi there,