Arun,

Unfortunately, that link contains the exact same info
as does the mysql.com page. There's almost no
explaination there of what any of the output means.
I'm sure that it's really useful stuff but I don't
have a starting point. Can someone point me in the
right direction (a book or website) or explain briefly
what I'm seeing in the BUFFER POOL AND MEMORY section?

Brief intro, I set the innodb_buffer_pool_size to 128M
in the my.cnf file. A quick peek at show variables
confirms this value...

----------------------
BUFFER POOL AND MEMORY
----------------------
Total memory allocated 152389988; in additional pool
allocated 1048576
Buffer pool size   8192
Free buffers       0
Database pages     7947
Modified db pages  0
Pending reads 0
Pending writes: LRU 0, flush list 0, single page 0
Pages read 20345325, created 9857, written 763089
0.00 reads/s, 0.00 creates/s, 0.00 writes/s
Buffer pool hit rate 1000 / 1000

Why does it say the buffer pool size is only 8M?
Shouldn't it be 128M? Also, could someone explain the
hit rate? I remember seeing in someone's recent post
that the 1000/1000 is good, but I don't know what that
means.

Cheers,

Tripp