At 11:29 -0400 4/21/04, Chris Stevenson wrote:
I'm working through a self study book and I am trying to learn how to do
a "load data local infile".  I downloaded a sample database and I have
the txt file but each time I type in the command LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
'member.txt' INTO TABLE member; I get the following message ERROR: File
'member.txt' not found (errcode 2)

If you type the filename like that for LOAD DATA LOCAL, the file must be located in the same directory where you're running the client program. If the file is in some other directory, name the full path to the file. (If you're on Windows, specify '\' characters in the pathname as '/' or as '\\'.)

-- Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com