Friends,

Sorry to post this question again.   I got a message saying that the server couldn't
transfer this message to some groups.   Also I didn't get any response to this
question.

We are using mysql 4.0.17 with innodb option.  In a query, when a WHERE clause
contains a non-indexed columns, it locks the entire table instead of row lock.  Is
there any solution apart from building index on each query key ?  Is there a solution
in any of the later versions  ?

With Best Regards,
Ravi

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL
PROTECTED] immediately