From: Andre MATOS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Case Sensitive

Hi List,
I have three MySQL servers. One is running on Windows XP, another on MacOS X, and finally one on Linux. All servers have the same version: 4.0.18.
Every time when I create tables on the servers Windows XP and MacOS, MySQl creates the database without creating problems with the tables names (is not case sensitive). However, in the Linux I have problems (it follows exactly the name uppercase and lowercase is case sensitive).

So, for example:
On Windows/Mac: TestABC is created as testabc
On Linux: TestABC is created as TestABC
1) How can I disable this in the MySQL server running on Linux?
2) What is better? Disable or enable the others two?

By the way, I have the same problem with the usernames and passwords. How can I enable/disable MySQL case sensitive for data?

Thanks.
Andre