Have you tried stepping through this code to see why the application is
prompting you with the  ODBC dialog box?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Ellsworth
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5/12/04 11:29 AM
Subject: DSNless connection under DAO

Hi,
    I am using Microsoft Access to connect to MySQL 4.0.13-nt on my
local machine.  I want to use a DSNless
connection make sure users don't connect with more privileges than they
should have.  When I run the code below, I always get the ODBC data
source dialog box.  How can I suppress this dialog box and just connect?

Thanks,

Eric

    Dim dbMySQL As Database
    Dim cnMySQL As DAO.Connection
    Dim sDSN As String
    sDSN = "ODBC;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};" _
                        & "SERVER=127.0.0.1;" _
                        & " DATABASE=redpath-lims;" _
                        & "UID=" & sUsername & ";PWD=" & sPW &
";OPTION=16386"
    Set dbMySQL = OpenDatabase("", dbDriverNoPrompt, , sDSN)
    Dim rsItems As DAO.Recordset
    Dim sItemsSQL As String
    sPatientSQL = "SELECT * FROM items;"
    Set rsPatients = cnMySQL.OpenRecordset(sItemSQL)
    With rsItems
        .AddNew
        !ItemName = "Item"
        !ItemDesc = "Test"