Alle Tuesday 11 May 2004 15:00, Egor Egorov ha scritto:
> Nico Sabbi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > as the title says mysqldump 4.0.18 (and previous versions) doesn't want
> > to dump data in the format
> >
> > insert into db.table values()
> >
> > not even using -e or -a.
> >
> > Is there any other cli switch that can do this?
>
> No, but if you use -B option of mysqldump USE db_name statements will be
> included in the output.

I see, but this creates me a serious problem:
I usually replicate my databases  between a number of mysqld servers;
when I want to copy a database "db" plus some additional metadata from the
local server to the master I usually run

mysqldump -B db -h local | mysql -h master

that works correctly on the new_server, but totally messes up the current
slaves that are configured to

replicate-wild-do-table=db.%

because there's no db.table syntax, so the slaves discard the insert.
Maybe adding

replicate-do-db=db (for all of my dbs) will do the trick?

> > Another question: is there a way to dump all dbs that DON'T match a
> > pattern without resorting to pipes / grep -v / xargs?
>
> No, mysqldump doesn't have such option.

it's a pity :(

Thanks,
                Nico