We have been running two 3.23.47 and one 4.0.4 (innodb) on
a single machine the past 2 years.  We haven't had stability
or any ongoing problems.  If something happens to one instance,
it has not affected any other. The main issue is resource
allocation.  Also be sure that the different instances do not
share the same directories, tmp space as well.

John

Winner H Manurung wrote:

Dear All,

I was an Oracle dba, now my new company want to use Mysql 4.0.18. Does
anybody here has experience of running multiple mysqld (i.e. multiple
instance on one machine). Is it stable and totally independent to each
other?

Thank you for your answer
Winner