At 16:02 -0700 5/7/04, Matthias Eireiner wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question regarding the STD()/STDDEV() function. In the manual it
says, that STD() is the square root of VARIANCE() and for VARIANCE it says
it is first implemented in 4.1.
But when I look at the 4.1. changes it only says: "Added new VARIANCE(expr)
function returns the variance of expr". It doesn't mention STD()/STDDEV() at
all.
so here is my question: is STD()/STDDEV() already implemented in 4.0.x or
only in 4.1?

STD()/STDDEV() have been around for a long time. VARIANCE() was added later. Nevertheless, that doesn't change their mathematical relationship. :-)

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA