From: Boyd E. Hemphill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 12:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: sql_no_cache

I am trying to turn of the query caching for select queries I am testing
as I would like to rerun the as if they were the first hit.

The query-cache-type = 1.

I am suspicious b/c I run a query and it takes 12 seconds.  I then run
the same query with no changes and it takes .17 seconds.

Another piece to this puzzle might be that when I issued the FLUSH QUERY
CACHE command and then reran the query and it still took a very short
time.  Since this is a devel server and I am the only one around I don't
think there are any other obvious things going on.  Mytop is clear of
processes.

Am I missing something?

Boyd E. Hemphill