hi,
   thanks for the info. I'm not very sure about mysql. but this is what ive
got.

ive got three tables with data in it.need to save the tables and run it on
another machine or rather view the tables and records in another machine.

1. if i use mysqldump query, it will prepare a backup right? and where does is
prepare it into???

2. will all the records also be transfered or only the table structure??

3. will anything get deleted from my machine where the tables are orignally
present??

how to go about mysqldump??

Liz