Hello,

I just subscribed to the list (after a few years of absence) and have a
rather basic question -

I have two tables table1 and table2:

table1 - primarykey1, foreignkey, somevalue
table2 - primarykey2, somevalue

Both tables are populated with records, but foreignkey in table1 has no
value.

I want to copy primarykey2 from table2 into foreignkey in table1 for
records where table1.somevalue=table2.somevalue

If my understanding is correct, this should be straightforward with v4.1
where multitable UPDATE is supported, but since I am using 3.23.52 I
think a different approach is required. If anyone can suggest a
workaround, I would greatly appreciate it as I am not really an expert
in this area.

Thanks in advance.
--
Nik Belajcic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>