Hi: I am building perl scripts which can insert data into a database independent of
the type of database. The following query works in postgresql, but I am getting the
following error when I run sql query in mysql

mysql> SELECT ipaddress FROM ip_via_pingsweep WHERE ipaddress NOT IN (SELECT ipaddress
FROM object_subips);
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT ipaddress FROM
object_subips)' at line 1

The following 2 queries are fine:
mysql> select ipaddress FROM ip_via_pingsweep;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT ipaddress FROM object_subips;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

I am using 4.0.18-standard binary. Any ideas? Does this version support subselects.

TIA
Ravi