Will Richardson wrote:

Hello,

I have a table with 3 columns:

mysql> desc srv_ref_cities;
+------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field      | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| state_id   | char(2)     | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| COUNTYCODE | char(3)     |      |     |         |       |
| CITY       | varchar(40) |      |     |         |       |
+------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

And the problem is when i display a query (two of the columns don't show):

mysql> select * from srv_ref_cities where state_id='08';
+----------+------------+----------------------------+
| state_id | COUNTYCODE | CITY |
+----------+------------+----------------------------+
| | Acres Green
| | Aguilar

Looks to me like your city contains a carriage return followed by some spaces.
This is overwriting the state_id and COUNTYCODE on your screen.
The data is there. You just can't see it.

if I have just state_id, countycode it displays just fine.

I am thinking that maybe the city is unicode but i can't figure this one out. Has anyone else run into this problem or does anyone have any ideas to help me debug this?

I have tried versions 4.0.15 and 5 but the same thing happens in each version.

thanks,
will