Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
I have a program that is using (via a front end library) libmysql. If I set up a signal handler before I initialize libmysql, my signal handler is not called when that signal is sent to the process. If I move the line of code that sets the signal handler to *after* the line that initializes libmysql, my signal handler works fine.

What does libmysql do to the signal handlers when it initializes? I don't have the source for it in front of my, or I would probably go digging my self. Running up against a deadline as it is. :)

mysql client library traps SIGPIPE to deal with some weird threading issues. The problem is that is some cases, a threaded program might get a spurious SIGPIPE, and then the program crashes if it is not handled. What you are doing should be just fine - all that happens inside is that SIGPIPE is ignored. The only problem is if you really want to handle SIGPIPE while in the middle of a mysql call. In that case, recomple the client without --enable-thread-safe-client or hack the source.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/