At 10:34 -0700 4/30/04, rmck wrote:
I thought I could use mysqlimport, but I notice that the text files need to be the same name as the table. My text files are named with a time stamp every hour so I have 24 files that get loaded. And the table name is nothing like the text files names.

Is there a way to have mysqlimport import to a table that does not match the text file it is reading from??

No, but mysqlimport just generates a LOAD DATA statement. You can bypass mysqlimport to create a LOAD DATA statement that fits your situation.

-- Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com