At 19:18 -0400 4/30/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hi,
   I am trying to put the output of certain queries into a file using

SELECT * INTO OUTFILE <FILENAME> FROM <TABLE NAME> WHERE <CONDITION>;

I am able to see the file and the records are there. But is there a way I can
see one record per line??? If i do the above i see all the records continously
when i save it as txt file.dont see it as one record in one line.

?

The default _is_ to write one record per line.  The line terminator is
(as the manual indicates) newline (linefeed).  Perhaps you are viewing
the output with a program that doesn't understand how to display such
files?

If you believe that that output is being written otherwise, check
it with a hexdump program to see what's really in the output file.

Thanks, liz

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA