At 12:53 +0000 5/1/04, shaun thornburgh wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed MySQL on Windows 2000, after inspecting the mysql users table I have noticed that there are four users:

Host          User
localhost       root
gcw     root
%       root
gcw

Three of the accounts have a root name and one has a blank name?

Normally, two will say root and two will be blank.

What version of MySQL did you install?  Did you change the user
table?

I know about the two root accounts but where did the gcw user come from, there is no documentation on the mysql site?

root is a username gcw is a hostname

The MySQL manual says nothing about "gcw", it's true.  Is that your
hostname?

-- Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com