To me, this is entirely a matter of personal choice - and the important
thing is to pick a standard and stick to it. :)

I usually end up with a table called 'People' for arguments sake, which will
have an abstract PK (auto increment int) called PeopleID (I always use the
table name). I also capitalize each word (and all abbreviations), which is a
habit from MSSQL programming - MySQL is case sensitive, which is worth
remembering. I use underscores to indicate that a table is a 'glue' table -

e.g. If each row in People can correspond to multiple rows in the table
Jobs, and vice versa, I would create People_Jobs to describe the
relationship between the two.

There are a number of different methods that have been published, including
'Norwegian', I believe - and a bit of googling should turn up some info on
these. :)

Cheers,

Matt