I am having a major issue with a bulletin board I run.  We put the site up
and after a week or binaries just start segfaulting.  The mysql database
also gets constantly corrupted.  The longer the box is up the more
frequent the corruption is.  It can be repaired with myisamchk.

We have been on two different machines, from two different providers.  Run
two different versions of apache, two versions of php, and now two
versions of mysql(4.0.18/4.1.1-alpha-standard).  The problem occurs the
same way every time.  Eventually the box becomes so hosed it can't be
rebooted and has to be restored.

The database is about 1.3G.  It has some innodb tables and the rest are
myisam.  It has a rather large full-text index as well.  Nothing else runs
on the machine, but the formentioned software.  This has happened in
redhat 9 and redhat ES.  The box is also SMP.

The error log only mentioned something once, I will include that output at
the end.  I'm not for sure that mysql is causing the corruption itself or
just reacting to some other force.  Can anyone offer any advice on this?
Thanks.

Version: '4.1.1-alpha-standard-log'  socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
port:
0
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly
built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning
hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=100663296
read_buffer_size=1044480
max_used_connections=77
max_connections=200
threads_connected=16
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections =
112150
2 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=0xae794cc8
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0xbfb5ec58, backtrace may not be correct.
Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:
0x8089167
0x82da818
0x82a29fc
0x82a2bc8
0x82a30dd
0x82a2e56
0x80f2c94
0x80c1584
0x80c06d8
0x80c0451
0x80b7319
0x80b7855
0x80b487e
0x8096b1a
0x809b3f1
0x80957ff
0x8095192
0x8094907
0x82d7fcc
0x830b8fa
New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!
Please read http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Using_stack_trace.html and follow
instru
ctions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved
stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do
resolve it
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...