Hallo !

Strange problem with maxdb odbc connections.

I installed maxdb, databasemanager and sqlstudio on my local windows xp
pc and did some testing.
My application connects via system-dsn MAXDBLOKAL
STORE
SQLSTRINGCONNECT('dsn=maxdblokal;port=7210;uid=DBA;pwd=DBA;DATABASE=BWNE
U') TO verbindungsnr

Everthing works as expected.
Then i installed maxdb on a linux server (same database name !!!)
Everthing seems to be ok. I can connect with the database manager, start
and stop ......
I can connect with sql studio and create and drop tables ......

BUT ?????
When i open an connection from my pc to the server (dsn=MAXDBSERVER same
as MAXDBLOKAL but with different ip-adress)
STORE
SQLSTRINGCONNECT('dsn=maxdbserver;port=7210;uid=DBA;pwd=DBA;DATABASE=BWN
EU') TO verbindungsnr
i'm always connected to my local database ????
If the local database is not running there is an error message.

How can i connect to the server database ???

With mysql switching between lokal and server database by using two
different dsns works well !?

Any help welcomed

Best regards
Albert Beermann

                    '''''
                  '''''''''
                    (0 0)
 | Tel: 0541/5841-868                      |
 | Fax: 0541/5841-869                      |
 | Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
 | Internet:  http://www.piepenbrock.de    |
                   |__|__|
                    || ||