Jigal,

> I know that phpBB has a few converter scripts

I think the converter scripts are for a different issue. I don't have a
previous BBS system that I want to convert from. All I have is user
profile information stored in a simple MySQL database that I built
myself. The users are subscribed to a newsletter and also have some
biographical information that appears on the web site. All I want to do
is ensure that when they register for the newsletter and become a member
of the site that they are automatically included in the site's phpBB
forum.

> I think you will manage ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement. Since after a day or so of my posting
going out, no one has posted any "Make sure you definitely don't do X"
warnings, I'm going to go ahead and play with it.

Thanks to Joe for the password information and also especially de_RiN
for offering more specific help offlist.

--
Yoroshiku!
Dave G