Chip Wiegand wrote:

John,
Yep, looking at phpinfo.php shows no support for mysql. This is very strange. I know these things don't just happen by themselves. I also know there are only two people with the password to the server, myself and my boss (and he knows nothing about the server to begin with).
Anyway, looks like php needs to be configured to work with mysql. Now that it is the way it is, how do I go about that? According to pkg_info the version of php is 4.3.4_3. Being a port install how do I configure it to use mysql?
Thanks,
Chip

If you install it using the ports collection and not using any sort of automation tool like portupgrade, it should have a text-mode configurator which will give you the option of MySQL support if you enable the checkbox. You may need to 'make clean' in the port directory before running 'make' again to force it to give you the menu. It may fail to work if MySQL or Apache were not installed from the ports collection to start with, since the PHP port makes some assumptions about the paths to Apache and MySQL.