Greets

I have installed mysql 4.0.18 on an OpenBSD 3.4 box using
the D/L from the mysql.com site.

All compiled / installed well and in fact nearly everything works. The
problem I have is when attempting to use mysql I get the following error.

mysql: can't load library ../libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.so.12.0

I have not come across this error before as the configure, make && make
installs
have worked fine, not that I install mysql on a real regular basis at this
point.

The library does exist but I am curious as to why mysql tries looking
through the installation directory. ldconfig -r doesn't reveal the
presence of this library though.

I know this is an extremely simple fix, just need to know which buttons to
push.

Sincerely

Bob DeBolt