Hi, I'd be grateful if someone could help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong with my
query.  I suspect the answer is simple but I'm suffering a mental block right now.

In basic terms, I have three tables.

Two are reference tables thus:

table: locations
fields: location_id (primary key), location_name
example data: 1, Lisbon; 2, Porto

table: teams
fields: team_id (primary key), team_name
example data: 1, France; 2, England

Then I have another table that uses the other two. It holds information about matches
played at a location between two teams.

table: matches
fields: match_id, match_datetime, match_location (foreign key to locations table),
team1_id (foreign key to teams table), team1_score, team2_id (foreign key to teams
table), team2_score example data: 1, 2004/06/16 19:45:00, 1, 1, null, 2, null

So, my problem is when I'm pulling the information into the web page - it's along the
lines of:

SELECT m.match_id, m.match_datetime, m.match_location, m.team1_id, m.team1_score,
m.team2_id, m.team2_score, l.location_name, t.team_name as team1_name, t.team_name as
team2_name
FROM matches m, teams t, locations l
WHERE l.location_id = m.match_location AND (t.team_id = m.team1_id OR t.team_id =
m.team2_id)

but it doesn't return the information I want which should be something
like:

1, 16/6/04 19:45, Lisbon, France, null, England, null

Instead I get:

1, 16/6/04 19:45, Lisbon, France, null, France, null
1, 16/6/04 19:45, Lisbon, England, null, England, null

Someone mentioned something about a crosstab query to me but the pages I've seen
(including one on the mysql site) doesn't appear to help.

Thanks in advance,

Ken