In the Db table I've got an entry for Db = test, user = dummy, host = ''.

In the Host table I've got several entries for Db = test with different Host
entries, one of which is localhost. Another is an IP on the same server
that's running mysqld. Another is a remote host.

I've got skip-networking commented out in /etc/my.conf and DATADIR/my.cnf.

The only connection allowed to this Db by dummy is through localhost,
connections through other hosts fail with (domain name changed for
security):
    ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password:
YES)

What else could be blocking net connections?

--
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location