John Fawcett wrote:
From: "T. H. Grejc"

Hello,

I'm trying to select all distinct years from a unixtimestamp field in
MySQL database (3.23.56). I have a query:

SELECT DISTINCT YEAR(date_field) As theYear FROM table

but PHP gives me an empty array. What am I doing wrong?

TNX

I think you need this function

    FROM_UNIXTIME(unix_timestamp,format).

Year does not operate on a unix timestamp.

Working like a charm. My query now is:

SELECT DISTINCT FROM_UNIXTIME(created, '%Y %M') FROM table_name ORDER BY created DESC

How can I add more fields to query. If I write:

SELECT DISTINCT FROM_UNIXTIME(created, '%Y %M'), other_field FROM table_name ORDER BY created DESC

I loose distinction (all dates are displayed).

TNX