Hi all

I have a legacy table to convert where the schema has changed.
originally the primary key was a multi field key,
keyed by a customer id and then within each customer, numbers 1,2,3... etc.

cust     no
1         1
1         2
2         1
2         2
.         .
4323433   1
4323433   2
4323433   3

Now the newer version of the software has decided to just have
a unique single field id for each row.  So where I had a lot of 1's
before I want unique number for each row and no will now be the
primary key for the table.

Is it just ok to drop the second field altogether and make it new as an
autoincrement primary key?   I can't see that I will lose any
critical data by doing this...