Daniel Kasak wrote:

Andrew Barnes wrote:
When I run the "SHOW TABLE STATUS" query against a database with 4 tables, 3
of the tables come have the correct row count, but 1 table changes the No of
rows every time I run the query. The correct row count for this table is
313, but the query returns anywhere from 97 to 574. I am running 4.0.13 on
MAC OS/X 10.3 and the table is an INNODB table.

Has anybody else ever seen this?

Regards
Andy

Yes that's normal behaviour for an InnoDB table.
It's in the docs somewhere.

"Note that the statistics SHOW gives about InnoDB tables are only approximate. They are used in SQL optimization. Table and index reserved sizes in bytes are accurate, though."

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_InnoDB_tables.html

Regards,

Stefan Hinz
--