I have a site that is being hosted by an ISP which is running version 3.23.52. When I questioned why that downlevel version and not a 4.0 version (such as 4.0.18 or the just released 4.0.20), I was told "Unfortunately, when versions change on MySQL, they also drop features and change security settings. This can cause many problems system wide." Before I go further with my discussion and renew my request for a 4.0 Database, I would like to know if it is even possible to have more than one level active (and if so, what is involved in the set-up).

Thank you.