Andrew McHorney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 21/05/2004 15:32:56:

> Hello
>
> I just installed version 4.0 using the installer. Is there supposed to be
> icon on the desktop for starting up MySQL. If so, what is the name of the

> executable?
>
> I have nothing in my programs list or on my desktop.

I am guessing you are running Windows - you don't say, and the answer will
vary with OS. Assuming you are running Windows NT/2000/XP, run
winmysqladmin (C:\mysql\bin\winmysqladmin.exe). Don't give it a password,
just close the window when it asks. As it starts up, it will install MySQL
as a Windows Service which will be automatically started whever your system
boots up. I assume this is what you want: if not, what is it you want?

      Alec