Hello,
I've just installed 4.1.1 to see how UTF-8 is working. In my.ini I have set default-character-set=utf8 - so all input/output data should be send in utf-8 charset. System variables (after start) are set as they should:

character_set_server            utf8
character_set_system            utf8
character_set_database          utf8
character_set_client            utf8
character_set_connection        utf8
character_set_results           utf8
collation_connection            utf8_general_ci
collation_database              utf8_general_ci
collation_server                utf8_general_ci

And now, php function mysqli_character_set_name return latin1_swedish_ci and all queries are returned in this character-set. Queries are working only when I set connection character-set:
mysqli_query($c, "SET CHARACTER SET utf8;");
mysqli_query($c, "SELECT * FROM db");

What I should change to have all in/out queries executed in utf8 and utf8_general_ci collation.

Thanks in advance.

ML