Hi!

I wonder if I can somehow preserve the table rows in a memory table when I restart the
MySQL server?
I've read the documentation about memory tables, and it states that I can populate the
table at startup, but it doesn't say if I can store the table rows at shutdown in a
file. Maybe I can dump the table's contents to a file at shutdown, and then use that
file to populate the table again at startup? I can easily do that with a restart
script of my own, but then everyone has to remember to use that script instead of the
normal "mysql restart", so I wonder if I can do this with shutdown and restart "hooks".

>From the documentation:
"If you want to populate a MEMORY table when the MySQL server starts, you can use the
--init-file option."
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/HEAP.html)

I'm running 2 servers with version 3.23 and one server with version 4.0.16 on Linux
machines.

Has anyone successfully implemented such a restart?

Cheers!