-----Original Message-----
From: michael_wu[吳宏達]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:08 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: create database in specified character set

Many thanks!  I had downloaded V4.1.1 and created a database in utf8
character set.
I successfully created a table and inserted rows of data with VARCHAR
columns into the table through the SQL pad.
With the Control Center GUI, I can see the result.  It seems the data in the
table are right.  I can see the multiple byte
characters in the varchar columns.  However, when my application selected
data through JDBC, the returned strings are wrong.
Looks the returned strings are not in the right character set.  Could some
one tell me what mistakes I had made?
Regards,