Scott D. Spiegler said:
> I am trying to programatically connect to my DB, but I
> am not sure what the connection string should be. I am
> using this statement:
>
> conn =
>
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/test?user=scott&password=cuatro");
>
>  I am getting this exception message:
>
>  database_test.DBConnector
>  SQLException: No suitable driver
>
>  SQLState: 08001
>
>  VendorError: 0
>
>  Any idea as to what the correct, connection string
>  might be?
>
>  Thanks, Scott
>
> =====
> We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
>     --Anais Nin
Ok, we are still stuck bck on the old mm.mysql series of drivers and its
java 1.3.1 but I think you can just subsitute the current stuff
1st you must 'register the driver' then you need a slightly different
connection setup.

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
// we register the driver, use the new driver string here
this.conn =
DriverManager.getConnection(this.DBUrl,this.dbuser,this.dbpasswd);

where DBUrl is a string like "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/"+this.dbname;
and dbuser and dbpasswd are the strings containing the username and password.

--
William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27

PS. we'd update the driver, but is a shared server environment and we have
lots of jsp contects and they all have to change at once..