At 09:32 AM 5/25/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I should have mentioned,
I get data in a text file, Pipe Seperated, Double Quotes Qualifiers,
Eg.
"col1"|"col2"|"col3"

I tried Load Datafile,
Didn't work for me,
It skips an additional left most character from Col1,
So I get 'ol1' instead of 'col1'

..so as of now, I am importing into Access,
Then using JDBC to select from Access,
And then insert into Mysql.

Argghhh! :)

If you could tell me what the exact syntax is for Load Data Infile, with
any possible things to keep in mind, would be awesome,
Thanks in advance

I always use Load Data Infile to load data into MySQL tables. I may load anywhere from a few thousand rows to 8 million and occasionally 100 million rows.
Here is some sample syntax for Windows:

load data infile "TextFileName" REPLACE into Table Table1
fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"' lines terminated by "\r\n"
(col1, col2, col3 ... col99);

Of course make sure the column list matches the columns in TextFileName.
I use Replace so if the primary/unique column values already exist, it will be replaced. You can also use Ignore to ignore the row when a row already exists with the same unique index/primary key.

Mike