David Blomstrom wrote:
I'm working on an add/edit form, illustrated by the
screehnshot at http://www.geoworld.org/addedit2.gif

I decided to arrange the rows by ID, rather than
alphabetically. So I opened the table in phpMyAdmin,
clicked Operations, then changed "Order by" from a
field named SCode to ID. When I clicked through, it
defaulted to SCode.
To get the order right on your web page you may need to add "order by ID" to the query in your script. The "alter table order by ID" statement executed from phpMyAdmin reorders the table's current rows, but after inserts or deletes the table will no longer be in that order.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ALTER_TABLE.html

Mike

--
http://mike.kruckenberg.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]