On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:04:53PM -0400, Brian Muha wrote:
> Hello all and I hope this email finds you all well..
>
> My question is I currently have passwords encrypted in SHA1 via LDAP...
>
> What I need to do is get these user names and passwords out of ldap and
> placed in mysql ..
>
> The application is qmail/courier..
>
> The question is can i just take the already made SHA1 passwords and
> insert them right into mysql password table..  or must i get the plain
> text passwords and have mysql encrypt them again with SHA1.

Nope, you should be able to import the SHA1 passwords directly.
Make sure that whatever authentication tool that's going to use
with MySQL knows that these are SHA1-encrypted passwords (as opposed
to MD5, or whatever.)

It should be easy enough to do one as a test, to see...

--
Brian Reichert                          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842