Hello all,

I am currently running mysql on a SuSE 9.0 machine. here is the mysql version

Server version          4.0.15
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 23 min 0 sec

The
problem I'm having is that whenever I start the service "rcmysql start"
or directly from "/etc/init.d/mysql" it fails to start. the weird thing
is that I can access the databases and login to mysql. Any idea on what
I can try to correct this problem and get the daemon to run properly?

I've also done this:

" mysqladmin -u root -p ping "

and it's returned "mysqld is alive"

When I run the command " ps -e " I get three instances of mysqld and one of
mysqld_safe. This safe instance worries me a little.

thanks marshall