On 1 Jun 2004, at 2:55 am, Nik Belajcic wrote:

This may be a silly question, but I am wondering if there is something
opposite to:

@row = $sth->fetchrow_array

In other words, instead of fetching rows from MySQL and loading them
into an array that can be accessed from Perl, I want to do the opposite
- take a Perl (associative) array and load it into MySQL table.
I know I could dump it into a text file and read it from there, but
assuming I do not want to go through this intermediary step, how could I
do it?

Although it's not elegant, dumping to a text file and reading it in from there is the fastest way to load the data if there's a lot of it.

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group