Aye, wish the documentation said something to that effect, it only said
to restore it, simply copy the files back, without any examples or
further explanation.

Okay, so I'm not very good at linux, how do I stop and start the server
without messing up how it starts or stops when the server is booted or
shutdown?  i.e. is it like Apache where "apache stop", and "apache
start" kind of commands will do the job?

Thanx :)
Abuzar