What I really want was
mysql> update records set records.prio=2 where records.in=(select records.id from records, audit_log, audit_log_records where audit_log.tracker_id=audit_log_records.tracker_id and records.id=audit_log_records.id and audit_log.operation='D' and audit_log.completed is null);
but that gives a syntax error and I don't think I can do a select inside an update. :-(

mysql> update records set records.prio=2 where audit_log.tracker_id=audit_log_records.tracker_id and records.id=audit_log_records.id and audit_log.operation='D' and audit_log.completed is null;

ERROR 1109: Unknown table 'audit_log' in where clause